Congratulations to our two scholarship winners Cadet’s Hannah Plush and Christopher Hennessy. It was a privilege to meet these two last night and we wish them luck with the rest of the school year. We’ll be doing a more in depth interview with each of them a little later.
The highlights from last nights meeting are below. For more detail, see the full notes on the meetings page.
- We did not meet the quorum requirement in the bylaws.
- We talked about creating a cadet position on the board of directors. For various reasons this would be a non voting position.
- I’m going to try again and get the paypal thing up and running using our EIN even though we don’t have a non profit status yet.
- We couldn’t vote on whether or not to support the cadet 10 miler team financially but the consensus is that we should focus more on scholarships anyway.
- We are going to put together some flyers for the 115th Fires Brigade Leadership Conference in February.